Matthew L. Fieldman
CURRENT PHONE: (301) 578-8555 EMAIL: MATTFIELDMAN@YAHOO.COM
PERMANENT ADDRESS: 1542 GOLFSIDE DRIVE, WINTER PARK, FL 32792
Future Goals: To apply my knowledge and abilities in a rewarding Jewish or business experience, where I can contribute to the stability and growth of an innovative Jewish organization, while improving and expanding my own skills.
Honors and Awards
Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology Cum Laude SPRING 2000
Phi Beta Kappa (Early Election) SPRING 1999
Anderson Scholar of High Distinction FALL 1998
National Blue Key Leadership Honorary FALL 1998
University of Florida Honors Program FALL 1997
Hillel Steinhardt Jewish Campus Service Corps Fellow AUGUST 2001 -- JUNE 2002
· Strengthened Jewish life on the University of Maryland campus through developing innovative programming, fostering the growth of student-led groups, and encouraging the expression of Jewish culture on campus.
· Worked to engage unaffiliated Jewish students in Jewish life on campus, and facilitated their growth as leaders in the University's Jewish community.
Participant in Project OTZMA SUMMER 2000 – SUMMER 2001
· Educational Experiences: Learned Hebrew in an intensive Ulpan. Studied Jewish tradition in the Pardes co-educational yeshiva. Attended numerous seminars dealing with all aspects of Israeli sociaty and featuring prominent Jewish scholars.
Assistant Director, B’nai Israel Religious School JULY 1999-MAY 2000
· Served as liaison between the school's administration, faculty, parents, and students.
Counselor, Camp Ramah Darom SUMMER 1997, 1998,1999, 2000
· Served as counselor in loco parentis for three months during three summers. During the fourth summer, worked in the Business office to improve the efficiency of the camp's operations and organization.
· Resolved conflicts between, developed positive relationships with, and facilitated the personal growth of campers ages 9 to 15.
· Successfully completed responsibilities while working long hours, with little sleep and under time pressure.
Director, AIPAC Florida Political Leadership Training Seminar SPRING 2000
· Ran a leadership training seminar for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee on the benefits of the US-Israel relationship.
Technical Director, Shabbat 1000 SPRING 1999
· Coordinated and designed all technological aspects of this program, inspiring one thousand Jews to celebrate Shabbat.
Treasurer, GatorPAC SPRING 1999
· Planned, organized, and ran educational events for the Jewish community, such as a Mock Knesset, Six Day War Tutorial, and various AIPAC speakers.
· Worked with AIPAC regional and national representatives, as well as five board members.
External Vice President, Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity FALL 1998
· Responsibilities included creating publicity, organizing events, and encouraging active participation by the brotherhood in ZBT.
· Supervised the efforts of five external directors: Academics, Alumni Affairs, Athletics, Campus Involvement, and Rush Chair.
Interfraternity Council GAMMA Director SPRING 1997
· Through Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol, organized and ran events designed to educate the University of Florida's Greek system about important issues such as alcohol abuse, date rape, and AIDS.
Skills and Abilities
Internet -- Has created and maintained several Web sites using HTML. For example, see http://otzmaxv.tripod.com
Desktop Publishing -- Highly efficient in using both Microsoft Word, Publisher, and FrontPage.
Mathematics and Statistics -- Able to use databases, equations, and functions in Excel, MiniTab, and SPSS effectively.
Computer Presentations -- Created presentations using PowerPoint, including a college-level course on creativity and a fund-raising presentation for an Ethiopian education center.